Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Four words… “The Lord’s Tender mercies”

So as most everyone knows, I am the worst speller in the world. And, there is no English spell check here! So, good luck in trying to read my words, you can kind of understand how I feel not knowing and understanding my surroundings and of anything that’s going on here.

entonces estoy en simoca. simoca es muy bueno y la gente aquí son muy amable. la rama aqui es muy pequeño pero muy muy amable y todos son muy animado por las misionaras.

            Well, I am in Simoca. Simoca is very good and people here are very friendly. The church branch here is very small but very friendly and all are very encouraged by the missionaries.”

This place was so weird at first to be honest. And, apparently I’m in the poorest place. The weather is nice, and the food is interesting. It’s kind of a mash up of Europe and Hawaii. The people here sound like they are speaking Italian...

So here is where my title, as a missionary, comes in handy. I am in a strange place and have not a single clue as to what is going on here. Here they don’t even speak Española, at least the Spanish I have been studying, they speak castellano (Spanish from Spain). The food is interesting and we don’t eat dinner. Dinner just isn’t a thing here.

I have the perfect description of how I feel/what i look like here: I am a grayish sheep amongst white sheep. I don’t completely stand out but something is a little different about me. Some people might not even notice anything is different until I speak. All the other sheep are bahhing while I’m here mooing! Anyway my main point of this is when I was at church it just felt normal like I was at home. You can be anywhere in the world and feel a sense of belonging in the world with the church. I love that.  

Also Heavenly Father knows me so well. The people here are awesome and so much fun! They are up partying all night, and then wake up at a decent hour, only to then take a 4-hour siesta during the day. During that time (wait for it) WE GET TO TAKE A 15 MIN NAP!! This is the best mission ever! The lord knows all of us and I am so grateful for that. He knows what I can and can’t do, so he’s blessing me with naps that I love.  Oh yeah, and we don’t have wake up in the morning until 7 as opposed to 6:30! Also, we get to listen to church music and the song “I feel my Saviors love”, was on and I never noticed this before but it says the love He freely gives me! We don’t have to do anything for his love. He just freely gives it to us! The least we can do is thank him for that and keep the commandments. “If ye love me, keep my commandments.”

Homework: So here is the homework for the week. (If I can remember my notes)

Read 1 Peter 3: (I can’t remember the verses I liked, but it’s all good) these verses, I believe, says the Lord suffered so we don’t have to.

18. For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit

Mosiah 24:12-16 I love this because we are all going to have problems and trials in our lives.  It’s not a matter of IF; it is a matter of WHEN. And when that happens, what are you going to do? I hope you remember to pray and ask Heavenly Father to lighten your load; give you strength to bare your burdens.

12. And Alma and his people did not raise their voices to the Lord their God, but did pour out their hearts to him; and he did know the thoughts of their hearts.
13. And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
14. And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
15. And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.
16. And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage.]

Lastly, Ether 2 sorry I forgot which verses (let’s just do all because they are good) BUT what can you do to be like the brother of Jared? He is one of the coolest dudes in the BOM and we don’t even know his name... think about that... not because it’s not important, but because he’s super humble!!

The Jaredites prepare for their journey to a promised land—It is a choice land whereon men must serve Christ or be swept off—The Lord talks to the brother of Jared for three hours—The Jaredites build barges—The Lord asks the brother of Jared to propose how the barges will be lighted.

And, finally, here is the deal on mail,  I get it twice a month and sometimes there will be computers and other times there will not be... just a heads up.


Les amo familia y amigos. les extraño tambien. esta obra es la obra de el padre y no puedo hacer sin la ayuda de jesucristo.

“Love to my family and friends. I can’t do this work without the help of Jesus Christ”

Also, I almost forgot, I teach and English class every Friday. The lord knows me so well!

Tengan una buena semana
Have a good week!

Hermana Highfill

No comments:

Post a Comment